Wednesday, March 18, 2009

MORE Art LESS War

"The opposite of war isn't peace...it's creation!" - Rent

Amigos!

Thanks for following the new Blog- if you are in or around the Bend area I encourage you to check out two special events this Thursday and Friday evenings...


"A Bend Community Gathering"
Candlelight Vigil: Thursday March 19th, 2009
marking the 6th Anniversary of the start of the War in Iraq
7-8:30pm
Brandis Square in downtown Bend
on the corner of Wall st. & Greenwood ave.
Candles will be available. Come Stand Together and Remember.

*Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it to the Peace Vigil because I will be driving back from Grants Pass after a long day of getting tattooed- I'll post the photos from my trip Friday. If someone could take photos or write a piece about their experience on Thursday night at the vigil- send it to me at RonWernerJr@gmail.com I would love to post it here.

If you are in or around the Bend area this Friday, March 20th- then you should join me at my friend Jo Lundberg's art show "CORRUPT Wood(s)." It should be an awesome time to take in some art, mingle with friends, and will most likely evolve into an impromptu dance party. Here is the show flyer...


Hope to see you there! Also, feel free to join me each Friday at Brandis square to protest for PEACE....from 4:30-5:30

No comments:

Post a Comment